Sunday, October 11, 2009

Interview With Twilight Actress Ashley Greene


We hadn't seen Ashley since our cover shoot so when we caught up with her at the Twilight press junket in Los Angeles in early November, we were armed with some pressing questions to ask!

Teen: We hear you're reading Breaking Dawn right now — what do you think?
Ashley: I'm getting through it. It's a big book! I like it but it's definitely just a different twist and it's not so heavy on the romance like the past three were but I still like it. I really like [Stephenie's] writing style.

Teen: Okay. So clearly you play Alice in this movie but if you could play any other character, which would you choose?
Ashley: Edward because everyone is in love with him! I like James and Victoria a lot too. Playing the bad guys would be fun because Alice is very sweet, very good and wholesome and whatnot. I think I'd play one of the villain vampires!

Teen: We hear that as of today, you still haven't seen the movie! Is that true?
Ashley: Yes! I've been working so I haven't been here (in Los Angeles) any time they did screenings. Both my managers and my agent [called] and they're like, "We just saw the movie...," and I'm like, "What! I haven't seen the movie!"

Teen: So when are you going to finally get to see it?
Ashley: The premiere. I'm working in Louisiana right now, I just flew in (to Los Angeles) to do press for Twilight, and then I fly back out and I won't see it until the premiere on November 17th which is good [because] that will make the premiere more amazing. Plus, I get to see it with my family. My brother, my mom and my dad are flying out to see it with me so it will be nice.


Teen: Who are you most excited to have see the movie?
Ashley: It's kind of like all of them for different reasons. My mom is a Twilight fan as well and she's just as excited because she's read all the books so I think she wants to see it come alive just like anybody else. My parents supported me from the get-go, they are very supportive which a lot of people don't get. I told my dad I got the part before I told anyone else and he cried and he's so proud and he's so excited. I mean he's amazing and I'm so glad that he's going to sit beside me and go through all of that with me.

My brother is actually about to try his hand in acting so he's moving out to California. He's older by about a year and half but we're extremely close. He's one of my best friends so I'm excited for the three of them to be there with me.

I didn't go to college but this [premiere] will be one of those monumental things [like graduating from college] for me.

Teen: Does it freak you out to know that you're going to have to watch yourself for on a big movie screen?
Ashley: That's the thing, I don't like watching myself. That's kind of weird but you know it's not me really, it's this character, which I think might make it a little easier.

No comments: